2010 North Carolina Census Results
Raleigh-Cary in Top Ten Fastest Growing Cities in the United States
2010 Census Results Show Raleigh's Strong Population Growth
Raleigh-Cary has been named the fourth fastest growing metropolitan area in the nation, from the 2000 census to the 2010 census.
The 2010 U.S. Census results showed an over 40% population increase in the Raleigh-Cary metropolitan area, now reaching a population of 1,130,490.
Other metropolitan areas making the top ten fastest-growing list included: Palm Coast, FL; St. George, UT; Las Vegas-Paradise, NV; Provo-Orem, UT.
Raleigh-Cary's population growth strongly correlates to the projected 90% increase in 2011 Raleigh building permits.
The North Carolina census, released by the U.S. Census Bureau in 2011, detailed these results:
- Durham is the fifth most populous incorporated place in North Carolina, increasing by 22.1%
- Wake County is the number one most populus county in North Carolina, increasing by 43.5% to 900,993
- 14 other North Carolina counties increased their population by at least 25% including: Franklin, Johnston, Harnett, Chatham, Hoke, Union, Cabarrus, Mecklenburg, Iredell, Pitt, Camden, Currituck, Pender, and Brunswick.
- Overall, North Carolina saw a 18.5% increase in population to 9,535,483, the second highest increase in 100 years of Census results
- The South (encompassing North Carolina) experienced an overall population increase of 14.3%, higher than any other region in the U.S.
The interactive graph below shows 10 decades of U.S. population change data. Mouse over a state to see the percentage and count of population growth. The left-hand graph will show the increasing trend for North Carolina.
The interactive graph below shows North Carolina population change by County. Mouse over a county to see the trend, percentage, and count of population growth.
Data provided by U.S. Census Bureau.
There are many reasons why Raleigh continues to show growth in population and new home construction, including:
- Universities and Colleges in Raleigh and the RTP
- Jobs in Raleigh and in Wake County
- Property Taxes in Wake County
2010 U.S. Census Results - Which Areas are Growing the Most?
Raleigh NC New Home Resources - Building a Home in Raleigh
New Custom Homes in the Raleigh Area - and throughout central North Carolina
Stanton Homes makes building your new custom home easy! We'll guide you through the entire process - select from thousands of different floor plans, and hundreds of different locations. Your custom home is going to be extraordinary when you create it with one of the nation’s top fully involved builders, our upscale architectural and interior design team, and the high quality materials and craftsmanship that our reputation is built on.
Call 919-278-8070 to find out more about new homes in the Raleigh area today.
Articles copyright Stanton Homes 2006-2013. Unauthorized use is not permitted. Provided for informational purposes only, no claims are made by Stanton Homes regarding the validity of any statements. Please note: all listing information per MLS, and current as of posting date. Information subject to change. Stanton Homes does not make claims to ownership of any lot listings, but can work with homebuyers to purchase available lots and build. Home plans to be approved on an individual basis, subject to neighborhood restrictive covenants and lot restrictions. Ask for further information regarding any community, lot or floor plan. Photos represent typical homes and details of each neighborhood, to help highlight different options available in the Raleigh/Triangle area. No claim of ownership is made to homes or land pictured.